Monday, December 30, 2013

The Power of Vision

About 3 1/2 years ago I designed a vision board as I entered into my first year of college. It was broken into three segments: 1 year, 5 years, and to years. As I look back over the years, I can't help but to be amazed by all that I have accomplished from what I envisioned 3 1/2 years ago. I want to point out one specific vision. When I created my vision board in September of 2010 I told myself that I wanted to travel, a not just travel but be a traveler and not a tourist. I also placed a Cruise ship on my vision board and told myself that I wanted to go on a cruise for the first time. When I looked back over my vision board earlier today I was shocked! The cruise ship that I cut out and used on my vision board is a cruise ship known as the MV Explorer. I know this to be true because just a few months ago I found out about this academic program called Semester At Sea; to which I have been accepted and will embark on a 112 day, 12 country tour around the world in just under two weeks aboard the MV Explorer. I WAS SHOCKED because as I looked back at my vision board from over 3 1/2 years ago, I put a random picture of a cruise ship [the MV Explorer] in my vision--not even knowing it existed. Not only will I experience a cruise ship for the first time, but in just under 5 months I will have traveled Around The World. If you don't believe in the power of vision boards, try one for yourself, and with time--you too will be amazed!




No comments:

Post a Comment