Saturday, February 22, 2014

Kon'nichiwa

Japan was an interesting place.We arrived in Yokohoma Japan, traveled in-land and met up with the ship in Kobe. The pictures are highlights of the trip; as I am taking advantage of the free wifi I found here in Singapore).  Please feel free to email me with questions about the pictures. I am working on developing some correspondence (Port Reports) that summarize my experiences in port! While in Japan I visited a number of places including, Yokohama, Tokyo, Osaka, and Kobe. Look out for more correspondence regarding my experience in japan!
(Maddison, I, Mel, Q, and Liza taking pictures after waking up in Yokohama JAPAN!)

(Q, I, Iman, Victoria, Jerry taking pictures as we port in Yokohama)

(Theo, Michael, and I, taking pictures as we port in Yokohama)

(Welcome ceremony from the citizens of Yokohama)

(Me and Stacey; Dean of Students in the Yokohama Port Terminal)

(Me and Llaria, my Resident Director)

(Welcome to Yokohama)

(Kasey and I, and our first tour guide)

(My first ride on the JR Line on our way to see Big Buddha)

( I couldn't resist! My first meal in Japan!)

(YUM!)

(YUM YUM!)

(We are on our way!)





(Japanese Ice-cream is so GOOOOOD!)

( Another shrine, that tells us that we are getting close)

( We didn't find Big Buddha but we found this Museum of Shrines, Temples and Gardens-Oh My!)




(Me, Bobbi, and Jerry)



(Zen)



(We had to take off our shoes to enter the garden and temples)

( they gave us shoes to go to the bathroom, how cool)



(leaving the museum)

(I saw this shrine and I drank the water, I found out later that I was suppose to wash my hands, and rinse my mouth, before I go up to pray--cultural faux pas)

(Yokohama in the background)



(Made it back to the MV Explorer)

(Bobbi and I)

(We are on our way-- first night out in Tokyo JAPAN! Me, Q, Jerry, and Jackson not pictured [the girls] Bobbi, Kasey, Kaisey, Victoria)

(The internet cafe where we were going to spend the night! )

(Checking in, we were so happy to have a place to stay)

(Change of plans! There wasn't enough room for the guys to sleep at the cafe, so we decided to take on Tokyo. We met this local named Hiro, who showed us around and payed for our taxi!)

( Before Hiro left us, he obligated us to take a photo with him for his girlfriend, as we were taking our photo, some locals were staring at us, Hiro invited them to join, and they were so happy)

(My first bowl of noodles)



(After hanging out we were so tired, we had no where to sleep, so we started sleeping on the street, in convenience stores, stairs; this was the longest night of my LIFE!)

(Around 5:30am we couldn't weather the streets of Tokyo anymore. We went back to the cafe and woke the girls up so we could swap out with them and get some sleep. This is where Q and I slept.)

(we slept for only about 3hrs after being up for 24+ hours)

(Cubic 17, formally know as 17)

(This was the space)

(The department stores are built underground, and this is candy/sweets not jewelry! lol)



( The Bullet Train!)

(Tokyo to Kyoto)

(Staying at a hostel and playing dress up)


(Erica and I, she is the best!)

(local walking on our way to The Path of Bamboo in Kyoto)

(a local asked us to take a picture with her)

(This guy made these dragon flies out of bamboo. The balance on their own!)


(some more locals wanted to take pictures)





(made it back to the MV Explorer)

(We made it KOBE!)

(celebrating the Chinese new year in japan) 




(myself, Ama, and Jasmine)

(Ferris wheel! 

( a local asked us to take a photo)

Imperial Garden in Tokyo






(more photos!)


(Good by Japan!)

(Christie, Q, Mel, and I say Good Bye to Japan, and Hello China [in two days])



No comments:

Post a Comment