Monday, February 10, 2014

Authors Note

(Path of Bamboom - Arashiyama, Japan)

Hey guys! Many of you are trying to keep up with me and the voyage, and I am doing my best to keep you in the loop. If I don't post anything it's due to the fact that I have no access to wifi. 

The ship only allows 2hrs of internet access per student for the entire voyage, and I have vowed you use that time for academics; when necessary, and emergency purposes only. In addition some countries require us to turn off the ships internet and intranet service (our ability to email), i.e. Japan- where we had no service for six days due to some regulation requirement. 

In most cases, while I am traveling in port I'll try my best to get to a coffee shop with free wifi. Please note this affects the quality and quantity of my post. In addition many of my post are done on my iPhone so it takes some time to write a zillion characters. But here is a summary of some post you can expect to see.

(Preview of) Hilo, Hawaii Port Report: 1 of many. This document is a reflection of my port experiences; written after each port, documenting my experiences and interesting stories. (Port reports are sent by email to financial sponsors and registered supporters. Send an email to Brian.stewart.sp14@semesteratsea.org)

Lesson On Fear: a story worth reading. From hiking downhill, swimming across lagoons to climbing over volcanic rocks, and cliff jumping from a 30 foot cliff--this post will dissect my theory on fear; what it is, and how I overcame it. Interesting read.

-Lord Mabbutt Lectures and Classroom Life: one of the best professors ever. He likes to think of himself in the realms of Socrates and Aristotle. This post will bring you inside classroom 9 and the Union where I have Proffessor--well "Lord" Mabbutt for Theories of International Relations and Introducation to Comparative Politics.

(Preview of) Japan Port Report*

Little Fish in a Big Pond: lately I have encountered a number of experiences that have prompt me to write these words in my personal jornal: " I don't belong here." Throughtout this outlet (my blog) I hope to gain some understanding of these feelings and experiences and continue to embrace this once in a lifetime opportunity. 

Financial Crisis: how I have I been surviving? I hope to answer this question myself. This post will be an update of my sponsored funds, and how I'm managing the crisis of and having an expired debit card overseas since Feb 3rd. 😳 Help! 

(Preview of) China Port Report

Cioa! 

No comments:

Post a Comment