Thursday, January 30, 2014

Yokohoma, Japan

1/29/2014 
We arrived in Yokohoma about two days ago, or so I think. I have been up for so long and sleeping during odd times--that I am loosing my sense of time and natural rythmn for rest. 

Boom Boom Boom! Were the sound of drums as we approach the Port of Yokohoma. It only took about 14,400 seconds to disembark. The Japanese are so secure. In our pre port lecture we were informed that in fact Japan is safer than the US. Who knew!

After getting through immigration and customs we (my group of friends and I) rushed to the nearest sign for "Free Wifi!" We were so happy to find it that I took a picture with my friend Meiko ( pictured below). While the group split up, I returned to home for lunch and prepared for our next adventure. Harumi; our interport lecturer who embarked in Hawaii and sailed with us to japan, informed us that we hadn't seen Japan unless we saw shrines, temples, and gardens (lookout for my Shrines, Temples, and Gardens; Oh My! Blogpost).

We had a blast! Unfortunately the group is leaving the cafe, of which I am stealing free wifi so I have to go! I'll come back and finished this post later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment