Monday, March 3, 2014

Reflection on Burma/Myanmar

The time is 5:42am. Myself, Bobbi, Jasmine, and our new friend--Josh have just arrived back at the hotel from a night out on the town. As I prepare for bed; only to wake up in 3 hours, I can't help but to reflect on my experience of this amazing country. 

Before we arrived in Burma/Myanmar, I had been given a wealth of knowledge about the country, it's history, and the political and economic challenges the country face today. This new found knowledge came from the faculty and staff, and proved to helpful as we arrived in the country. To my surpise, my experiences was unforgettable. 

The people were so humble, and content. You could see the poverty on their faces, the struggle on their dress, but their spirits were unbroken. They were so prideful in the work they did. Try were so helpful and willing to go the extra mile to help you when needed. And this they all did from a place of peace.  


No comments:

Post a Comment